Selangor Journal: First phase of aid to over 11,000 household heads done — MB
SHAH ALAM, Jan 6 — The distribution of RM1,000 in aid to over 11,000 heads of households affected by the recent floods, who were placed at temporary relief centres (PPS) has been fully carried out, said Menteri Besar Dato’ Seri Amirudin Shari.
He said the handover of the aid via the Bantuan Selangor Bangkit initiative went smoothly over the course of a week since the victims were not required to hand over any application forms.
“The first phase of the aid distribution to all those who were in PPS can be said to be done, but some did not attend the handover as they may have missed it.
“We will continue the handover in the nearest future, and this aid is fully funded by the state government,” Amirudin told reporters after the flood contribution handover programme by Petronas, on the grounds of the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Building earlier today.
He added the same aid for flood victims who were not placed in PPS has also begun its distribution.
“We are gathering more lists of victims. We have estimated the number of beneficiaries to reach 30,000 families,” Amirudin
On December 21 last year, the state government allocated RM100 million in funds under the BSB programme, following severe flooding in several districts.
Apart from infrastructural recovery, the initiative also covers cash aid of RM10,000 to the families of flood victims who perished in the incident. The RM1,000 cash aid will be distributed to the heads of families to help restore their homes and cover damages.
Eligible recipients include flood victims who were relocated to the registered PPS, private PPS, and those who chose to remain with their homes.
The distribution began on December 28 and is expected to be completed by the end of this month.